- Famous for/as: Snow Leopard
- Religions: Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam
- Language: Nepali, Maithili, Hindi, Bhojpuri, English
- Best Season: April - November
- Weather: 0C - 35C
Places to See Around
Karnali Zone is an anchal or zone (first-order administrative district) in the Mid-Western Development Region of Nepal. The headquarters is Jumla.
Karnali Zone is one of the poorest and most remote regions of Nepal, not very accessible by road yet. There are airfields in all districts except Kalikot which is connected by seasonal roadways to Jumla Airport.
Karnali Zone is the largest zone of Nepal, with two National Parks.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park Shey Phoksundo (with Phoksundo Lake), famous for the Snow Leopard is Nepal's largest Park with area of 3,555 sq km.
- Rara National Park surrounds Rara Lake
- Nepal's largest lake 10.2 sq km - known as the Pearl of Nepal.